Competition Terms and Conditions
Competition Terms and Conditions
GLENDALOUGH 17 YEAR WHISKEY SWEEPSTAKES COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
OUR PRIVACY NOTICE FOR THIS PRIZE DRAW IS FURTHER DOWN ON THIS PAGE. PLEASE SEE BELOW.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to the GLENDALOUGH 17 YEAR WHISKEY SWEEPSTAKES (the "Prize Draw"). You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit an entry for the Prize Draw.
The promoter of the Prize Draw is Glendalough Irish Whiskey Limited established in Ireland having its principal place of business at Unit 9, Newtown Business and Enterprise Centre, Newtownmountkennedy Co. Wicklow (the "Promoter").
If you have any queries about the Prize Draw or these Terms then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opening and closing dates, eligibility
1 The Prize Draw will begin at 12:00pm on 1st November 2023 and close at 23:59pm 12th December.(the "Prize Draw Period").
2 The Prize Draw is open to individuals who:
(a) are residents in the Republic of Ireland;
(b) are aged 18 years or over;
at the time of entry into the Prize Draw.
3 The Prize Draw is not open to employees, contractors, representatives, agents, officers or directors of the Promoter, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing agencies, or to any of their immediate family members or persons living in the same household, whether or not related, or anyone else professionally connected with the Prize Draw.
4 The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any Participant. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose.
5 Internet access and an email address are required to enter the Prize Draw.
6 To enter into the Prize Draw, you must do one or both of the following during the prize draw period:
(a) Complete the sign-up form on Instagram or Facebook
(b) Complete the sign-up form on our website. (IF APPLICABLE)
A valid entry requires your full name, email address, date of birth and confirmation that you have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
7 Entries must be completed correctly and be received by the Promoter during the Prize Draw Period to be eligible to win a Prize. All entries entered, submitted, posted or received outside the Prize Draw Period will not be included in the Prize Draw.
8 A maximum of one entry per person. Additional entries will not be counted.
9 Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third-parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
10 The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it believes not to be participating within the spirit of the promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. The Promoter reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
11 Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and/or that are delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or otherwise defective will be disqualified.
12 The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed, damaged or rendered invalid for any reason beyond its control.
13 Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Prize Draw should be directed to the Glendalough Irish Whiskey Limited as below.
14 If, during the Prize Draw Period, you wish to withdraw your entry from the Prize Draw your request should be made in writing to the Promoter c/o Glendalough Irish Whiskey Limited, Unit 9, Newtown Business and Enterprise Centre, Newtownmountkennedy Co. Wicklow, Ireland.
Selection of Winners
15 One (1) winner will be drawn at random from all valid and eligible entries received during the Prize Draw Period (the "Winner(s)"). The Winner will be selected at 10:00am on 13th December 2023.
16 There is a maximum of one (1) Prize per person.
17 The Winner will be notified via email. This notification will ask the Winner to verify their age and will include instructions on how the Winner can claim the Prize once their age has been verified. Participants who have not won a Prize will not be notified.
18 Winner must respond to the email notification within 24 hours in order to claim the Prize. Age verification is essential as GLENDALOUGH® cannot communicate with anyone under the legal age to purchase alcohol.
19 In the event a Prize is unclaimed within 24 hours of trying to contact the Winner, the Winner will cease to be eligible for the Prize.
20 If the Winner cannot accept the Prize; the Winner is not eligible for the Prize or has not complied with these Terms, the Promoter will award the Prize to a replacement winner selected in the same way as the original Winner.
21 The Winner will win the following prize: GLENDALOUGH 17 YEAR OLD SINGLE MALT IRISH WHISKEY.
22 There is no alternative to the Prize. The Prize is non-negotiable. The Winner does not have to take the Prize but if they chose to take the Prize it must be taken as stated and cannot be postponed. The Promoter reserves the right (but is not obliged) to substitute a similar or alternative Prize of equivalent or greater value.
23 Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Winners must not seek to sell any Prize or advertise any Prize for sale, including on any digital platform or social media platform.
24 The name and county of the Winner and the Prize won will (unless a Winner has objected on lawful grounds) be made available on receipt of a self-addressed pre-paid envelope received by the Promoter Glendalough Irish Whiskey Limited, Unit 9, Newtown Business and Enterprise Centre, Newtownmountkennedy Co. Wicklow, Ireland for 60 days following the end of the Prize Draw Period.
25 By entering into the Prize Draw, you agree that the Promoter may publish, use, edit, alter and duplicate the entry, including without limitation by reposting the entry.
26 The Winner agrees to (if required) take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Prize Draw, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and/or press purposes and being featured in GLENDALOUGH® promotional video content.
27 Any decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28 The Promoter reserves the right at any stage to delay, postpone or cancel the Prize Draw and/or amend or alter these Terms in the event of circumstances outside its’ reasonable control or for other reasons which it considers necessary for it to do so.
29 If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Prize Draw, these Terms and Conditions will take precedence.
30 The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for (a) any entries which are not received due to the use of incorrect or inaccurate entry information, any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, or for any other reason; (b) any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Prize Draw; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the operation of the Prize Draw; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet and/or any website; or (e) any injury or damage to any person’s computer(s) or mobile device(s) which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Prize Draw or to download any materials in connection with the Prize Draw.
31 The Promoter will award the Prize as described in these Terms, but the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for the Winner's use of the Prize.
32 To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will have no liability for any claims, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with participation in this prize draw of the allocation or use of the Prize.
34 Additional personal data will be required from the Winner in order for the Promoter to be able to fulfil the Prize (such as an address for delivery purposes) and that data may be (i) shared with our third-party suppliers in order to provide various elements of the Prize (e.g. delivery company).
35 In certain cases the Promoter may be required to disclose a Winner’s surname and county of residence (in line with Irish advertising regulations) to anyone who requests such information in accordance with these Terms. If you, as a Winner, wish to object to your information being disclosed in this way or you wish to reduce the amount of information being disclosed then please let us know in writing as soon as possible on or after we contact you to let you know you have won.
36 The Prize Draw and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to Irish law. Any disputes must be referred to the Irish courts.
• We collect and process your name, email address and date of birth in order to register your entry in our Prize Draw and to be able to contact you if you win.
• We are permitted to process your personal data on the basis that it is necessary for our performance of the contract you have agreed to enter with us (i.e. the Prize Draw T&Cs). If you do not provide your information to us, we will not be able to register your entry in and participate in our Prize Draw.
• If you are selected as the winner of the Prize Draw, we will contact you via email to notify you of this, ask you to confirm acceptance of the prize and verify your eligibility (e.g. confirm that you are 18 years old or over) in line with our Prize Draw T&Cs.
• We will also require the location of your home address (city or country) because we are obliged to make the winner's name and location (city or county) available to people requesting that information in accordance with the Prize Draw T&Cs and to comply with the requirements under the Irish Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing (the "CAP Code"). As provided in the CAP Code, the winner can object to us publishing or making available the name or reduce the amount of information published or made available. In order to contact us on this, please email us email@example.com. Please note that this does not affect our obligation to provide the relevant information and the winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland, if required to do so.
• If you are not selected as the winner of the Prize Draw and do not opt to subscribe to email communications from us, we will delete your personal data collected for the Prize Draw within the period of one month after the winner has been selected. If you opted to subscribe to email communications from us, we will retain your personal data for the purposes of those communications until such time as you unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving such communications from us.
• We will retain the winner's personal data collected for the Prize Draw for a period of 12 months following the end of the Prize Draw in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. After this time, we will securely delete your personal data.
• We will not share your personal data with any third parties for their own marketing purposes. However, we may share your personal data with our suppliers and service providers in order to perform our obligations under the Prize Draw T&Cs.
• We will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal data. We will retain your personal data in secure servers and protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage.